Starburst is the best fruit chew candy in the world. It may not be the healthiest, but it is indeed the tastiest.
I’ve traveled the world looking for the best candy. But I still haven’t been able to find a fruit-flavored soft taffy candy that tastes better than Wrigley’s Starburst.
The closest thing to Starburst I’ve ever tried was a Colombian candy called “Frunas”. Frunas are even better than Tootsie Fruit Chews.
Frunas are the Colombian version of Starburst. But I have to admit they’re not as delicious as the ones manufactured by The Wrigley Company.
What makes Starburst so special?
Starburst candies feature a soft chewy texture and they’re packed with a variety of sweet tasting flavors.
Ideal to enjoy anytime, anywhere!
There are many varieties of Starburst. But Starburst Fruit Chews and Starburst Jellybeans are probably the first that come to your mind.
Other popular varieties include Starburst Minis, Starburst Gummies, and GummiBursts.
Here you’ll find calories and nutrition facts for all Starburst varieties. Our focus, though, will be the Original, Tropical, and FaveREDs fruit chews. They’re the most popular, so it makes sense, doesn’t it?
The variety and flavors I just mentioned contain the same number of calories and carbs. So figuring out the caloric content of your favorite fruit chew snack won’t be a problem.
Calories in Starburst and Other Nutritional Information
The serving size of Starbursts Original Fruit Chews is 8 pieces.
One serving of Starburst contains 160 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 33 grams of carbohydrate.
Of those 3 grams of fat, 3 grams are saturated, which means that all its fat content comes from saturated fat. But at least it does not contain trans fat, and that’s a good thing.
Of the 33 grams of carbohydrate, 22 are from sugar, so if you’re following a low-carb diet, this snack is not for you.
Unlike most fruit candies, Starbursts contain a significant amount of both fat and calories.
Each piece has 20 calories, which can add up very quickly.
Nutrition Facts by Variety and Flavor
- Fruit Chews (Original, Tropical, FaveREDs, Superfruit, Fruity Slushies): 160 calories, 3 grams of fat, 33 grams of carbohydrate.
- Jelly Beans (Original, Tropical, FaveREDs, Sour, Crazy Beans): 8 pieces or 40 grams of Jelly Beans contain 160 calories, 3 grams of fat, 34 grams of carbohydrate.
- Gummies: 10 pieces or 40 grams of Gummies contain 140 calories, 0 grams of fat, 33 grams of carbohydrate, 1 gram of protein.
- Starburst Minis: 40 grams, which is somewhere around 28 pieces, contain 150 calories, 2 grams of fat, 35 grams of carbohydrate.
- GummiBursts (Original, Flavor Duos): 9 pieces contain 140 calories, 0 grams of fat, 32 grams of carbohydrate, 2 grams of protein.
Original Fruit Chew Ingredients:
Corn Syrup, Sugar, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil and/or Palm Oil, Fruit Juice From Concentrate (Apple, Strawberry, Lemon, Orange, Cherry), Less Than 2% – Citric Acid, Dextrin, Gelatin, Food Starch-Modified, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Coloring (Red 40, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Blue 1).
Nutritional Source: Wrigley.com
Very good info, TY.
Thank you. This was fun to read and helpful.